- 8 slices of white bread, thick cut
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 large banana
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- 600ml JUST MILK
- 2 eggs
- 25g golden caster sugar
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter.
- Remove the crusts from the slices of bread and cut into triangles.
- Butter one side of the bread with butter.
- Slice the banana into 1cm thick slices.
- In a large jug beat together the JUST MILK, eggs and caster sugar.
- Layer the buttered bread and banana slices into the greased baking dish.
- Pour over the custard mixture and scatter on the chocolate chips.
- Allow to stand for one hour to allow the bread to absorb the custard.
- Preheat oven to 160c(fan)/180c/Gas Mark4.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the custard has set and the bread is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Try sprinkling the pudding with golden caster sugar just before you put it in the oven for a crisper finish.
Why not add 2 tbps cocoa powder to the custard for an extra chocolate hit?
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)
join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with our latest recipes, offers and news with our monthly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time here. You will receive an confirmation email in which you must click a link to join our list.