Apple and Pear Gratin
- 250ml JUST MILK
- 4 Pink Lady apples (or similar)
- 4 Conference pears (or similar)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 16 tsps caster sugar
- 2 tsps salted butter
- 4 free range eggs
- A few teaspoons of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash and peel apples and pears, before cutting them into quarters. It’s a good idea to do this just before you’re ready to cook so the fruit doesn’t go brown!
- Melt the butter in a pan over a gentle heat. Add half the sugar, all the fruit and the cinnamon stick.
- Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until the apples and pears have softened, stirring gently occasionally.
- Now remove the cinnamon stick and pour mixture into a gratin dish. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the JUST MILK and the remaining sugar.
- Pour the milk, egg and sugar mix into the gratin dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once cooked through, sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top and grill for a few minutes for a crunchy caramel crust.
- Serve with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream for a fresh and warming dessert.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)