- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml JUST MILK
- A knob of butter, melted
- 150g blueberries
- 200g streaky bacon
- Sunflower oil or a little butter for cooking
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- To make the pancakes mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Lightly beat the egg together with the milk. Make a well in the centre of the flour and slowly whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter. Beat in the melted butter, and stir in half the blueberries.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until slightly crispy. Use a pan on the hob for best results, but grilling is fine too.
- Next heat a teaspoon of oil or small knob of butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. For each pancake, take around a tablespoon of the batter and drop add neatly to the pan. Each pancake should be around 7cm in diameter. Make three or four pancakes at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden. Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes and place the bacon on top. Drizzle with maple syrup and scatter the blueberries over just before serving.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)