Cheese and ham pancakes
- 125 grams plain flour
- 2 x large eggs
- 300 ml of semi-skimmed JUST MILK
- 15 grams of MELTED BUTTER
- Vegetable oil
- Entremont Reblochon cheese
- Smoked ham
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Sift the flour into bowl, add the salt and make a well in the centre. Break the eggs into the well and stir into the flour.
- Add the JUST MILK in a steady stream and whisk, gradually drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter (consistency of single cream).
- Add the melted butter and whisk.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- If you feel the batter is too thick, you may add more JUST MILK.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Quickly add a small ladle of batter, rotating the pan to completely cover the base. Fry quickly over a medium-high heat until set on top and brown underneath. Loosen with a spatula and turn over.
- Quickly add slices of Entremont Reblochon cheese, slices of smoked ham and chopped parsley on one half of the pancake. Fold pancake over and cook for 1 minute on a low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with side salad and crusty bread and butter.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)