- 1.5k organic chicken
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 115g butter
- olive oil
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 good handful of fresh sage
- zest of 2 lemons
- 10 cloves of garlic, skin left on
- 500ml JUST MILK
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Season the chicken generously all over, usig an oven proof casserole dish, fry it in the butter and a little olive oil, turning the chicken to get a golden colour all over.
- Remove from the heat, put the chicken on a plate, and throw away the oil and butter left in the pot. This will leave you with tasty sticky goodness at the bottom of the pan which will give you a lovely caramelly flavour later on.
- Put your chicken back in the pot with the rest of the ingredients, and cook in the preheated oven for 1½ hours. Baste with the cooking juice from time to time. The lemon zest will sort of split the milk, making a fantastic sauce!
- To serve, pull the meat off the bones and divide it on to your plates and spoon over plenty of sauce. Serve with wilted spinach or greens and some mashed potato.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)