- 125ml JUST MILK
- 125g butter
- 125g chocolate
- 125g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / gas 4.
- Butter a 20cm round cake tin (7.5cm deep) and line the base.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 25 – 45 secs (until melted).
- Melt the butter, add sugar to create a cream, add the eggs one at a time while still beating, then add the melted chocolate.
- Stir with a spoon and add flour and JUST MILK alternately.
- Pour the dough into your cake tin.
- Bake your cake for 40 minutes, check if your cake is baked by slipping the tip of a knife into the centre of the cake (it should come out dry).
- Cool the cake in its pan for fifteen minutes before turning out on rack.
For a richer chocolate cake, follow this final tip
Cut the cake horizontally.
Melt an additional 200g of chocolate.
Using a spatula, add 150g of melted chocolate to the middle and 50g to the top of the cake and decorate with shavings of any spare chocolate.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)