Crunchy Pecan Nut and Maple Syrup Ice Cream
- 100g pecan nuts chopped
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 350ml JUST MILK
- 350ml double/heavy cream
- In a frying pan, slowly melt the butter then add the chopped pecan nuts.
- Add the sugar, stir and cook on a low heat for approx 5 minutes until the nuts are crisp. Be careful not to burn the pecan nuts otherwise they will be very bitter.
- Remove from the pan and put to one side to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the milk and the cream then add the fried, chopped pecan nuts.
- Stir vigorously until smooth.
- Stir in the maple syrup until blended.
- Transfer the complete mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)