Lactose Free Toad in the Hole with an Italian Twist
For the Syrup:
- 5 x dessertspoons honey
- 2 x dessertspoons water
- 2 x oranges, juiced
- 3 x cardamom pods
For the Rice Pudding:
- 50g x pudding rice
- 600ml x Lactose Free JUST MILK
- 50g x caster sugar
- 1 x orange, zested
- 1 x vanilla pod
- Place all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce by half, then pass through a sieve and leave to cool.
- Place all the rice ingredients in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, allow to simmer slowly for about 45 minutes to an hour until it becomes thick in consistency. Remove from the heat (remove vanilla pod) and place in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve place the required amount into 4 bowls and then add about 1 dessertspoon of the syrup over each one.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooling Time (hours)
join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with our latest recipes, offers and news with our monthly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time here. You will receive an confirmation email in which you must click a link to join our list.