- 300ml JUST MILK
- butter, for greasing
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 large orange
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 35g plain flour
- 4 free-range eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp cointreau
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Grease the inside of the ramequins with butter and dust with caster sugar.
- Rub the sugar cube over the skin of the orange to extract the oil, then crush the sugar cube in a bowl.
- Grate the orange peel to remove the orange zest and set a side the zest for later.
- Pour JUST MILK into a pan, add the vanilla pod, the crushed sugar cube and the orange zest over a low heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat. Leave to cool then remove the vanilla pod.
- Place the plain flour and the the caster sugar into another pan and add a splash of the cooled vanilla and orange-infused milk. Place over a low heat and gradually stir in the remaining milk infusion, mixing well to avoid lumps. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and stir well for a couple of minutes until smooth and thickened.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the cooled sauce one at a time and add in the Cointreau.
- Place the egg whites into bowl and whisk until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Fold the whisked egg whites into the cooled sauce. Transfer the soufflé mixture to the prepared ramequins. Place the soufflé into the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately at the table in the ramequins.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)