Pork Loin Braised in Milk
- 1ltr JUST MILK
- 1 kg of pork loin
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, sliced lengthways
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 Bay leaves
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Season the pork loin with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the pork and brown on all sides. Remove the pork and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil in the casserole dish. Add the garlic, onion and carrot and cook over a medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Return the pork loin to the casserole dish. Add the peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Pour in enough JUST MILK to come three-quarters of the way up the pork loin. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover the dish, and bake it for 1hour @ 190°C, turning the pork over halfway through.
- Once the pork is so tender that it is practically falling apart, remove it from the casserole dish and let it rest for 5 minutes, keeping warm.
- Meanwhile, transfer the cooking liquid and the vegetables to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Finely slice the pork loin and serve with the sauce made from the cooking liquid.
- Serve with plain rice, potatoes or green vegetables.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)