Summer Fruits Bread and Butter Pudding
- 4 Le Pasquier Pains au Lait, or brioche rolls
- Butter, for spreading
- 150g mixed summer berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 3 eggs
- 500ml semi-skimmed JUST MILK
- 150g crème fraiche, plus extra for serving
- 40g caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First of all, split the Pains au Lait or rolls in half and butter them lightly. Next, use a little butter to grease a 1.5 litre baking dish.
- Put the Pains au Lait into the dish and scatter the fruit on top.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, crème fraiche, sugar and vanilla extract. Allow a few minutes for the sugar to dissolve, then strain the mixture into the dish through a sieve, over the Pains au Lait.
- Cover the dish with cling film and allow stand for at least 30 minutes. If you want to cook the pudding later, refrigerate until required.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the cling film from the pudding, then bake for 25-30 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar and serve with crème fraiche.
- You can serve this pudding cold too – so you don’t have to eat it all at once!
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)