Summer Fruits Bread and Butter Pudding
- 4 Le Pasquier Pains au Lait, or brioche rolls
- Butter, for spreading
- 150g mixed summer berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 3 eggs
- 500ml semi-skimmed JUST MILK
- 150g crème fraiche, plus extra for serving
- 40g caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First of all, split the Pains au Lait or rolls in half and butter them lightly. Next, use a little butter to grease a 1.5 litre baking dish.
- Put the Pains au Lait into the dish and scatter the fruit on top.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, crème fraiche, sugar and vanilla extract. Allow a few minutes for the sugar to dissolve, then strain the mixture into the dish through a sieve, over the Pains au Lait.
- Cover the dish with cling film and allow stand for at least 30 minutes. If you want to cook the pudding later, refrigerate until required.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the cling film from the pudding, then bake for 25-30 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar and serve with crème fraiche.
- You can serve this pudding cold too – so you don’t have to eat it all at once!
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)
join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with our latest recipes, offers and news with our monthly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time here. You will receive an confirmation email in which you must click a link to join our list.