- 8 sausages
- sunflower oil
- sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 large red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 knobs of butter
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
For the batter:
- 285ml Skimmed JUST MILK
- 115g plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- Mix the batter ingredients together, and put to one side.
- Put 50mm of sunflower oil into a baking tin, then place this on the middle shelf of your oven at his highest temperature (240°- 250°C). Place a larger tray underneath it. When the oil is very hot, add your sausages. Allow them to colour until lightly golden.
- Take the tin out of the oven, and pour your batter over the sausages. Throw a couple of sprigs of rosemary into the batter. Put the tin back in the oven carefully, and close the door. Do not open it for at least 20 minutes, as Yorkshire puddings can be a bit temperamental when rising. Remove from the oven when golden and crisps.
- Peel and slice the red onions and garlic, and fry off in the butter on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until they go sweet and translucent. Add the balsamic vinegar and allow it to cook down by half. Add the stock cube in, and a little water.
- Allow to simmer and your onion gravy is ready.
Serve warm at the table, with a green salad as a side.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)
join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with our latest recipes, offers and news with our monthly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time here. You will receive an confirmation email in which you must click a link to join our list.