- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small stick celery
- 350g potato, peeled and diced
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 170g (2packs) watercress
- 300ml skimmed JUST MILK
- pinch of nutmeg or ground ginger
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and celery and sauté over a medium heat for 5 mins until pale golden.
- Stir in the potato and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the potato is tender.
- Stir in the watercress, cover and cook for a further 5 mins or until the watercress is wilted.
- Blend the soup until smooth (with a hand blender or a food processor). Add the milk, nutmeg (or ginger), lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Gently reheat until piping hot and serve with crusty bread.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)
join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with our latest recipes, offers and news with our monthly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time here. You will receive an confirmation email in which you must click a link to join our list.