- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small stick celery
- 350g potato, peeled and diced
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 170g (2packs) watercress
- 300ml skimmed JUST MILK
- pinch of nutmeg or ground ginger
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and celery and sauté over a medium heat for 5 mins until pale golden.
- Stir in the potato and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the potato is tender.
- Stir in the watercress, cover and cook for a further 5 mins or until the watercress is wilted.
- Blend the soup until smooth (with a hand blender or a food processor). Add the milk, nutmeg (or ginger), lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Gently reheat until piping hot and serve with crusty bread.
Prep Time (minutes)
Cooking Time (minutes)