- Grease a baking dish with a little butter.
- Remove the crusts from the slices of bread and cut into triangles.
- Butter one side of the bread with butter.
- Slice the banana into 1cm thick slices.
- In a large jug beat together the JUST MILK, eggs and caster sugar.
- Layer the buttered bread and banana slices into the greased baking dish.
- Pour over the custard mixture and scatter on the chocolate chips.
- Allow to stand for one hour to allow the bread to absorb the custard.
- Preheat oven to 160c(fan)/180c/Gas Mark4.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the custard has set and the bread is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Try sprinkling the pudding with golden caster sugar just before you put it in the oven for a crisper finish.
Why not add 2 tbps cocoa powder to the custard for an extra chocolate hit?